A panel of women’s football experts have shortlisted ten players for The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2017 award.
The candidates, in alphabetical order, are:
* Lucy Bronze (ENG – Manchester City Women)
* Deyna Castellanos (VEN – Santa Clarita Blue Heat)
* Pernille Harder (DEN – Linkopings / VfL Wolfsburg (Women))
* Sam Kerr (AUS – Perth Glory / Sky Blue FC)
* Carli Lloyd (USA – Houston Dash / Manchester City Women)
* Dzsenifer Marozsan (GER – Olympique Lyonnais Feminin)
* Lieke Martens (NED – FC Barcelona Femeni)
* Vivianne Miedema (NED – Arsenal Women)
* Wendie Renard (FRA – Olympique Lyonnais Feminin)
* Jodie Taylor (ENG – Arsenal Women)
The winner of this award, as at the last edition when Carli Lloyd was named The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2016, will be chosen by a process involving the four main stakeholders involved in football: national team coaches, captains, selected media and the fans. That’s right, YOU have a say in deciding who will be The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2017. Voting starts on Monday 21 August, when you can make your choice on FIFA.com.
Voting closes on 7 September, with the women’s awards taking the period 20 November 2016 to 6 August 2017 inclusive into account. The final lists of three nominees for the men’s and women’s player and coach categories – as well as for the FIFA Puskás Award, the FIFA Fan Award and the brand new The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award – will be announced in mid-September.
Some of the biggest names in football will descend on London, the birthplace of the modern game, for The Best FIFA Football Awards™ ceremony on Monday 23 October, where all winners will be present.